Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I have lost the ability to stay on topic and make separate posts for separate ideas. I'm sick. That's an excuse, right? But really, this is an abomination and I'm sorry. Except not really.

So you know that last post about my roommate? Well next year I am going to be living in an all girls dorm in a double with someone I don't know. I do know that they were not the person listed in the box I checked that said, "I want this person to be my roommate," or something to that effect. My roommate now has a room on North campus.

There's a really long and complicated story behind all this, but even I don't know parts of it and I feel like I would just be listing a series of complaints that no one really cares about (Hey, don't you do that anyw--oh be quiet). So, after a stressful Thursday and Friday I am now alone for the weekend because my roommate is in Wisconsin visiting her boyfriend. Only the phrase "visiting her boyfriend" doesn't fit at all.  Those two are more like a boy and a girl who live in different cities and keep trying to break up because they don't have time to be in a long distance relationship but still promise to be exclusive because they couldn't imagine being with anybody else. They're very silly and adorable. And I introduced the boyfriend to Sherlock and he talks about it more than I do. Friends will come up to my roommate and say, "Hey, I just saw Matt!" "Did he want you to watch Sherlock?" "Um, yeah, what is that about?"

So anyway, I'm alone this weekend and sicker than I've ever been without a fever or flu, and this was the first time I felt genuinely homesick. I've missed people and things from home before, but I never felt this sort of longing. This was the first time I bought my own kleenex and cough drops and took my own temperature and made my own tea, which is more complicated because it involved microwaving the water in my room and going down to the dining hall to get the honey. I felt very sad just because I'm so sick.

In other news, we have SNOW and it is 13 ยบ outside! Yes, that is Fahrenheit!! AND my brother is on Facebook! This is big news because he has been keeping with an anti-Facebook mantra for 8 years now. I'm not a huge Facebook fan or anything, but my brother gets very stubborn about certain random issues and it's really funny when has to cave. He says he's doing it because it will help him find an apartment in Wisconsin where his new job is going to be, but I think he might have to stick with it, seeing as he's working for a technology company and everything, and eventually he'll have to friend me and then I can post really annoying stuff on his wall all the time! Unfortunately he won't help me find him yet, and we don't exactly have the most unique surname on the planet. It's one of those English names that evolved from professions, like Smith.

I go to college with all of these diverse people with interesting names, so it's almost embarrassing when we're working on a school project and we have to find each other on Facebook. On the bright side, I never have to spell my name. On the dark side (this phrase does not have the exact connotation I was aiming for, but you get the idea), you can never find me. Do you know how many Molly Smiths are out there? My name's not actually Smith, but you get the idea.

Everything above this point was written a few days ago and then I got distracted. So now I'm back, after getting a lot sicker and then better, having watched an unhealthy amount of Veronica Mars, and getting so behind on work that if I actually sat down and thought about all I have to do I would probably hyperventilate and pass out. So we're just going to live in denial a little while and take things as they come to get through the next 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment