Sunday, February 5, 2012

I hate being one of these people.

I'm really trying to not feel sorry for myself. It's just so annoying and frustrating to have chronic health issues when I've got better things to be worried about.

I had asthma when I was little and then, when I was older, only around cats. A combo of allergy shots and antihistamines make me fine around cats now, so I thought I was set. Then I started college in Michigan and when it first started getting around 30 ºF and lower, my asthma came back. So I got an inhaler and things seemed fine.

Then someone played rugby down the hall and set off the sprinklers a few weeks ago. Since then, my asthma has been persistent 24-7 even though the weather has been relatively warm. Apparently, all that water could have released a lot of the allergens that have been collecting in the carpets for years.    It's very frustrating to be out of breath walking to class or not be able to sing and dance at the same time in my singing and dancing club. On top of that, getting a migraine and a sore throat the weekend before a major French presentation and my first organic chemistry II exam has not made things better. Thank goodness next year I'll be living in a newly renovated dorm with air conditioning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment