Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Adventures in Sickness

I haven't been really sick in a very long time. And it is not fun. Especially in college when you can't just take the day off and have your mom take care of everything and the dorm you live in gives you asthma on top of your virus.

When I'm in weird moods or I'm just bored, I tend to editorialize my notes. So yesterday's archaeology notes looked a bit like:
I feel like death.

This is weird. I feel like my uvula’s been scratched with sandpaper.

Oh dear. I’m that annoying person who won’t stop coughing in lecture.
I just coughed so hard I cried a little bit. Ouch.
Ouch ouch ouch.
Pygmy mammoths. I would like a pygmy mammoth of my own please.
My saliva tastes a little bit like blood.
Maybe I have Ebola.
That would be mostly bad.
But also a bit exciting.
Then I did did nothing but organic chemistry and drink tea and smoothies for the rest of the day. I went to bed early, because 1 am is early, right? Or at least I tried to, but my Residence Advisor next door was playing music. I don't know what's worse, that she plays music all night long and I can't sleep or that she has really wonderful taste in music and I want to join in and can't sleep.

My alarm went off this morning, and my dream versions of Benedict Cumberbatch and Lara Pulver told me I was too sick to get up and go to orgo lecture, so I listened to them. I then rationalized to everyone all day long that I would do better on the exam if I got enough sleep instead of going to lecture, which would just be review. And I just now remembered that I don't have orgo lecture on Tuesdays. I missed my archaeology discussion. Whoops.

By the way, I don't remember what happened, but my dream version of series 3 of Sherlock was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment