Saturday, March 31, 2012

Suicide

When I took a career assessment test, I think one of my top results was counselor.

Which I scoffed at, because it is so obvious how much I need to be a scientist.

But lately I've realized that might not be too far off. Not as a career, but more as a personality. I counsel.

I've read and heard a lot about the movie "Bully" that's coming out, so I've been thinking about that in the back of my head. And today I accidentally found a suicide note on tumblr, which made me realize this vast community of teenagers online talking about how they want to kill themselves. But they tag it as #suicide and #help, so they obviously want someone to listen to them and understand. So I've spent the evening messaging people on tumblr in case they want to talk about anything with a stranger, no judging.

It's very strange to me how whether or not someone's post is noticed online can affect whether or not they live.

No comments:

Post a Comment